Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Duty Station: Jerusalem
Type of Contract: Full-time position
Application Deadline: Saturday, November 9th, 2019 before 16:30
Palestinian Vision (PalVision) is a democratic, youth-run non-profit organization, established in 1998. It serves to empower Palestinian youth through national awareness campaigns, leadership opportunities, and the establishment of national youth networks. The goal is to initiate youth-led sustainable development, social equity, and economic viability through volunteerism, social activism, entrepreneurship, lobbying and advocacy, both on a local and national level. Currently the organization seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer who will be providing support in monitoring and evaluating ongoing PalVision’s projects contributing to ensure the respect of the indicators and the achievements of the project objectives and results. The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is responsible for overall M&E and learning needs of the organization and will come up with findings based on real data to show performance of the projects.She/he will work closely with Projects Managers and Project Coordinators in order to implement efficient strategies facilitating the assessment of the progress and impact of the activities on the ground and allowing the management to quickly re-adjust and ensure the delivering of high quality activities accountable to beneficiaries, partners and donors. The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will play role in promoting of key learnings for the improvement of the project and for wider leaning of the organisation.
Role and core responsibilities of the Local Professional
- Develop and strengthen monitoring and evaluation procedures.
- Set up a monitoring system and design the proper tools in order to measure the achievement of project results and objectives
- Design M&E plans for Projects and ensure its implementation
- Assist in developing and further improving the logical frame work for projects.
- Develop impact and SMART indicators for projects.
- Monitor all activities of projects and progress towards achieving outputs.
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results.
- Monitor performance indicators for the project.
- Monitor the sustainability of the projects’ results.
- Support monitoring and evaluation of projects’ impact.
- Provide feedback to the Project Manager on project strategies and activities.
- Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting their use. Assist in coordinating across the available components of the Project to ensure effective implementation of M&E.
- Coordinate the collection and validation of data (qualitative and quantitative)
- Undertake regular field follow-up visits to support monitoring and evaluation process and promote accountability
- Prepare clear data analysis reports including lessons learnt, best practices and case studies
- Prepare together with Project Manager (s) narrative monthly, quarterly, and other relevant reports on project progresses accordingly to the objectives planned.
- Contribute to mid-term and final evaluations and all other activity related to M&E such as developing ToR, supporting external evaluators, etc.
- Organize and conduct training on M&E for staff of projects.
4.3 Required academic and professional qualification/ work experience
- BA in social sciences (Sociology, Statistics, Socio-Economy, etc.) or other relevant field
- At least 3 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation with prior working experience with NGOs
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of monitoring and evaluation different development approaches, M&E trends and M&E systems in development organisations.
- Working experience in research methodology, sampling and managing statistical models
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring project activities, data collection, and analysis
- Demonstrated experience in collecting data through digital systems and good command of the software currently used;
- Able to work in a team, well organized, flexible, open minded and highly motivated.
- Fluent in English and Arabic with excellent English writing skills
- Excellent computer knowledge with command on MS Excel among other packages of MS Office
- Jerusalem ID holder
- CV (including name and contact details of three reference persons) (in English)
- One page motivation/cover letter (in English)
- Work samples
Please submit the requested documents via Email to: [email protected] with email subject indicating the position you’re applying for no later than 9 November 2019. Only short-listened candidates will be contacted.