Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Duty Station: Jerusalem
Type of Contract: Full-time position
Application Deadline: Sunday, September 6th, 2020 before 16:30
Palestinian Vision (PalVision) is a democratic, youth-run non-profit organization, established in 1998 striving to mobilize and empower Palestinian youth to achieve their aspirations, preserve their collective Palestinian identity and initiate youth-led sustainable development through volunteerism, social activism, entrepreneurship, lobbying and advocacy, on a local, national, and international levels.
Palvision is seeking to hire a full time Jerusalem Resident Monitoring and Evaluation Officer; who will be required to continuously and strategically lead and support ongoing organization’s monitoring, evaluating and reporting system ensuring achievements of objectives and results playing a role in promoting a wider learning of the organization.
Summary of the Position
Engaged in full time and based in Jerusalem office the M&E Officer will be reporting directly to the Executive Director, He/She will assist in all regular quantitative/qualitative field monitoring and reporting of activities as per the Project’s MEL system, as well as producing regular monitoring and evaluation reports, evidence-based case studies and success stories for dissemination. Additionally, he/she will be required to support partners ensuring application of performance monitoring and evaluating planning, budgeting, implementation, reporting and needed knowledge management activities.
Role and core responsibilities of the Local Professional
She/he is needed to work closely with Projects Managers and Coordinators in order to implement efficient strategies facilitating assessments of progress and impacts allowing management to quickly re-adjust and ensure the delivering of high-quality activities accountable to beneficiaries, partners and donors, amongst the following roles:
- Strengthen and develop – when needed – monitoring and evaluation procedures.
- Set up and design M&E plans for different projects with proper tools and methods measuring achievements.
- Assist in the preparation of external reporting including annual reviews, project-specific reviews, briefings for team members, and projects completion reports;
- Assist in developing and further improving different logical frame works through impact and SMART indicators that evaluate overall progress performance of achievements and monitor activities towards achieving outputs.
- Provide feedback and guidance to projects managers on required strategies and methodologies.
- Ensure effective implementation of M&E systems through coordinating collection and validation of data (qualitative and quantitative) undertaking regular field follow-up visits assuring accountability.
- Prepare together with Project Manager (s) narrative monthly, quarterly, and other relevant reports on project progresses accordingly to the objectives planned.
- Contribute to mid-term and final evaluations and all other activity related to M&E such as developing ToR, supporting external evaluators, etc.
- Organize and conduct training on M&E for staff of projects.
Required/preferred academic and professional qualification/work experience
- Must be a Jerusalem ID holder/resident.
- BA in social sciences (Sociology, Statistics, Socio-Economy, economics, business administration, etc.) or any relevant disciplines field.
- At least 3 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation with prior working experience in NGO environment with good reporting and writing skills.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of MEL different development approaches, trends and automated systems.
- Preferred working experience in research methodologies, sampling and managing statistical models.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring project activities, data collection, and analysis dealing and fulfill multi donor MEAL requirements.
- Proven analytical and research techniques kills with demonstrated experience in collecting data through digital systems and good command of the software currently used;
- Team player, well organized, flexible, open minded and highly motivated.
- Fluent in English and Arabic with excellent English writing skills.
- Excellent computer knowledge with command on MS Excel among other packages of MS Office software.
- Ability to deal with complex and sometimes stressful situations, while maintaining a professional and solutions-oriented attitude.
- Believer in human rights, particularly youth’s rights.
- Positive teamwork attitude.
- Eagerness to learn and adapt.
- Proactive and innovative.
- Passion for supporting marginalized and vulnerable groups.
- CV (including name and contact details of three reference persons) (in English)
- One-page motivation/cover letter (in English)
- Work samples
Please submit the requested documents via Email to: [email protected] with email subject indicating the position you’re applying for no later than Sunday, September 6th, 2020 before 16:30,,, Only short-listened candidates will be contacted.