- Post Title: Advocacy officer
- Duty Station: Jerusalem Office
- The duration of this contract is 12 months and is renewable based on agreement between the Parties.
- This job is a full time job.
- Starting date: As soon as possible.
- Closing date: Tuesday, 14 September 2021
Duties and responsibilities:
- Takes lead in strategy, planning, development and implementation of the advocacy strategy;
- Develops and maintains a registered network of stakeholders on a local, regional and international level (Non-Governmental Organizations, Civil Society Organizations, international donors, government, decision-makers and influencers);
- Develops and maintains a registered network of (international) media relations (online and offline);
- Takes the lead in organizing media outreach; arranges all media contacts, press briefings, and interviews; provides talking points and other materials needed; responds to media inquiries quickly and effectively.
- Provides advice to staff on a range of advocacy and outreach issues, methods, and approaches; anticipates and resolves communications/public relations issues/problems.
- Train PalVision’s staff on advocacy and how to include it in daily operations.
- Take the lead in managing advocacy activities in projects/programs, in close coordination with programming team.
- Feedback & evaluation of advocacy related activities (M&E plans/strategic plan)
- Provide weekly reports to the Public Relations Manager.
Academic and professional qualification/ work experience
- BA in media, law, journalism or any other related field with extensive knowledge Advocacy, and campaigning.
- Strong research skills
- Excellent in English and Arabic writing and speaking
- Experience in NGO work
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Knowledge of participatory research methods, participation action and learning and field data collection.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Advocacy
- Experience of report writing
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer knowledge with command on MS Excel among other packages of MS Office