Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer
Duty Station: Jerusalem
Type of Contract: Full-time position
Application Deadline: Tuesday, August 22, 2021
Palestinian Vision (PalVision) is a democratic, youth-run non-profit organization, established in 1998 striving to mobilize and empower Palestinian youth to achieve their aspirations, preserve their collective Palestinian identity and initiate youth-led sustainable development through volunteerism, social activism, entrepreneurship, lobbying, and advocacy, on a local, national, and international levels.
PalVision is seeking to hire a full-time Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer, who will be required to lead and support the organization’s monitoring, evaluation and reporting system; contribute to the achievement of objectives and results; and play a key role in promoting organizational learning continuously and strategically.
Summary of the Position
Stationed in Jerusalem, the M&E Officer will be reporting directly to the Programs Director. He/she will be responsible for the Planning, Monitoring, and Evaluation (PME) aspect of the organization’s projects including developing, managing, and implementing a strategic PME plan, as well as supporting the project staff in preparing result-oriented reports to various donors. The M&E person will also contribute to developing the capacities of both the organization’s staff and partners in the field of M&E, as deemed necessary.
Under the line management of the Programs Director, the M&E Officer will work closely with PalVision’s Projects Managers and Project Officers.
The M&E Officer will be responsible for:
- Developing, tabling, and managing a new M&E system for the organization’s various portfolios and projects using Result-Based Management (RMB) standards. This entails creating M&E tools and techniques to ensure proper progress-tracking of projects and activities, as well as reporting on derived results.
- Assist in the development, monitoring and revision of the projects’ logical frameworks (logframes) in line with various donor requirements and the organization’s strategies.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of the projects’ work plans in accordance with the project documents and donor requirements.
- Assist the Projects Managers in the preparation of result-oriented reports to donors, including regular, progress, semi-annual and final completion reports, or any other form of reporting as required.
- Organize and undertake M&E capacity-building trainings for partners and staff as required.
- Provide feedback and guidance to Projects Managers on required strategies and strategic methodologies.
- Ensure effective implementation of the M&E system and tools through coordinating collection and validation of data (qualitative and quantitative) and through undertaking regular field follow-up visits with the aim of ensuring accountability and validation.
- Design and implement evaluation methodologies and tools that aim to result in reporting on lessons learned, as well as responding action plans for planning, improvement, and development.
Required/preferred academic and professional qualification/work experience
- BA in social sciences (international development, Statistics, Socio-Economy, economics, business administration, Project management, etc.) or any relevant disciplines.
- At least 3 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation with prior working experience in NGO environment with good reporting and writing skills in English and Arabic.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of MEL different development approaches, trends, and automated systems.
- Preferred working experience in research methodologies, sampling and managing statistical models.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring project activities, data collection, and analysis dealing and fulfill multi donor MEAL requirements.
- Proven analytical and research techniques skills with demonstrated experience in collecting data through digital systems and good command of the software currently used.
- Team player, well-organized, flexible, open-minded, and highly motivated.
- Fluent in English and Arabic with excellent English writing skills.
- Excellent computer knowledge with command on MS Excel among other packages of MS Office software.
- Ability to deal with complex and sometimes stressful situations, while maintaining a professional and solutions-oriented attitude.
- Adhere to Palvision’s mission and core values.
- Maintain positive teamwork attitude.
- Eager to learn and adapt.
- Proactive and innovative.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- CV (including name and contact details of three references) (in English)
- One-page motivation/cover letter (in English)
Please submit the requested documents via Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with email subject indicating the position you’re applying for, no later than Sunday, August 22, 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.